You are here
Adult rowers are encouraged to enter regattas and head races from time to time but should not feel under any pressure to race. Experience suggests, that given the time commitment involved in competing, crew preparation pays off and makes the whole effort more enjoyable. The FRCC Rowing calendar shows regattas that FRCC adults and/or juniors are attending and for which trailering may be available. Attendance at other regattas is possible if considered to be suitable and the necessary arrangements can be made (there is a more comprehensive list on David Biddulph's website). British Rowing membership is a requirement and official club kit must be worn. To ensure the smooth running of the rowing side of the club for all members, the Rowing Captain requests that the following procedures are followed with respect to racing:
The Race Coordinator (RC) will circulate to all adult members details of the deadlines for club entries to each relevant regatta . Applications received by RC after such deadlines can still be entered but regattas may be full, choice of division limited and choice of club equipment cannot be guaranteed. Trailering to such regattas will be organised by RC. The RC is responsible for overseeing the entries made by FRCC rowers and allocation of equipment.
Procedures to follow for making adult race entries and reporting results
- All adult race enquiries and entries for FRCC should be made through the Race Coordinator.
- For crews of two or more please nominate a representative as the point of contact.
- Details required for a race entry to be made are: name and date of the regatta; category of the entry (e.g. Open 4x-, W.Mas, etc. - you can use this calculator calculator to work out which category you will be); preferred division; crew names; preferred boat and blades; other equipment e.g. rate meter, trestles. Booking request for club trailer if appropriate.
- Those with their own access to BROE on line entry, please follow the above steps and also state if you will be making the entry yourself.
- Note all junior race entries are the total responsibility of Juniors’ Head coach.
- RC will confirm with crew rep that the entry has been made and any other details.
- The crew rep will make a single payment for the whole crew’s entry fee to RC.
- Any requests for changes to entries should be made through the RC.
RESULTS: whom to notify and when
On the day of the race as soon as you know your results please email/text this information (Crew names, category, results, photos) to Dai Howells (publicity/web) who will then ensure that the results, and any photos, are passed to the Sports desk of the Oxford Times so they can be published in that weeks’ paper. Please bear in mind that the deadline for submissions is Sunday evening. Photos from regattas can be used on the FRCC website as well, so please submit some whenever possible.
Vice-Captain: Mary Heather Crowther firstname.lastname@example.org (07766253556)
Race Coordinator: Mary Heather Crowther email@example.com (07766253556)
Publicity/Web: Dai Howells firstname.lastname@example.org (07900050094)
Trailer bookings should be made to the Vice Captain as soon as the date of the race is known. In some cases, there may be date clashes, in which case the group with the fewest boats will be asked to look into sharing a trailer with another club/make alternative arrangements. Bookings should be made via email and the above spreadsheet will be updated as soon as is reasonably practical.